- Tap the Mapping icon, second bottom from the bottom right corner that looks like a hashtag.
- Tap on Map Lights.
- Select the type of mapping option you wish to use while mapping.
- Easy Mapping, 2D Stitching, and 3D Front-Back options are available without internet access. Advanced Mapping and 3D Multi View require internet access (a large amount of data is processed in the cloud).
- Read through the mapping tips and Tap next.
- When mapping, be sure to have the entire image in the camera’s view prior to tapping on Start Mapping.
- Hold your camera steady as possible (Stabilizer or Tri-Pod are recommended for best results) while the lights begin the mapping sequence.
Once completed the lights will turn white from top to bottom of the image to show you the results of the mapping obtained.
If satisfied with the mapping, proceed by tapping OK.
If you’re not satisfied, tap Try Again and repeat steps 5-7.
The Twinkly App will now compile a list of effects for the device. (May take a few minutes depending on your connection)
Pro Mapping Tips
- For incomplete mapping (missing lights), verify all capsules are visible to the mapping device.
- Dim light (overcast, dawn, or dusk) is best suited for mapping. Bright daylight and night conditions may produce undesired results.
- Ensure that there are no reflective/mirror type surfaces around the display. Light reflected by surfaces can create improper mapping results.
- Ensure proper grouping before attempting the “Join” mapping option. To begin grouping, click the chain icon on the top right corner of the app. Controllers may be individually mapped for “Sync” or “Area” options.